JK Wrangler Heavy Duty Tie Rod Upgrade Kit
This kit contains all the parts necessary to remove the factory tie rod on your JK Wrangler and bolt on this upgrade kit.
The JK Tie Rod Upgrade kit offers:
· Straight Tie Rod from wheel to wheel
· Solid, 1.375-inch heat treated chromoly
· Tie rod position raised nearly 1-inch over stock
· Reduces "Floaty" feeling associated with stock steering
· Includes new Spicer tie rod ends
· Easily adjust toe by spinning tie rod
· All parts E-coated black for rust prevention
The straight tie rod ability is accomplished by utilizing a relocation bracket on the steering knuckles similar to the design proven on our U-Turn kit for the TJ/XJ/ZJ. This bracket allows the tie rod ends position to be moved forward and this allows for a straight tie rod from wheel to wheel. The new position also raises the tie rod almost 1" over the stock position.
This is a 100% bolt on kit and is 100% reversible to stock, as well as removable, for easy resale.
Please note: IF Your JK has a bolt on steering stabilizer bracket, you will need to transfer that to the new tie rod, to retain the stock stabilizer in the stock position.
An easy fix for the stabilizer is to utilize the Steering Stabilizer Relocation kit, available separately on our website, part number OGS-162